Stress and anxiety are a part of the flight or fight response and also the body’s reaction when a person is in danger or has a problem. The cause of this situation is to make a person alert about the situation, focused, and get be ready to deal with the circumstances.
As we know, both anxiety and stress situations, are quite normal though, sometimes it affects people with mental and physical health issues too.
Difference Between Stress and Anxiety
Stress is a short-term issue and also responds to a threat kind of a problem. Whereas, Anxiety can last in a situation and also it cannot have an identified triggered problem.
- Mood changing problems
- Having a feeling of being overwhelmed by people
- Unexpected Sadness
- Anxious Thoughts
- Feeling sweated
- Feeling more tensed
- Having an uneasiness or dread
- Being Nervous
Common aspects of stress and anxiety are:
- Having stomach constipation or Diarrhea, having a faster heartbeat, and having a faster breath.
- As discussed above, stress and anxiety are both of them are part of the body’s fight or flight response.
- When a person is in a tense or critical situation, then, immediately the body releases hormones.
- These hormones are known as stress hormones which increase the heartbeat faster and also, pump more blood to limbs and organs.
- This kind of condition empowers a person to fight or run away in that situation.
- The person will breathe even faster and the blood pressure gets risen up.
- And at that time, the person’s brain sharpness of their senses rises up, and even, their body releases the nutrients into the blood which ensures that each and every body part gets the energy that they need.
- This kind of process happens very quickly and doctors and even, medical science calls it stress.
- Anxiety is the condition of the part of stress.
- Somewhat people would recognize anxiety as the feeling of dread, uneasiness and distress which causes to the person before any kind of event.
- It helps to keep them alive and alert about their condition.
- The flight or fight response can be reacted to a person’s emotional, surreal and physical kind of threatening condition.
- As and how this kind of condition can be useful to some people whereas, it can interfere with someone’s everyday life.
SYMPTOMS IN BOTH STRESS & ANXIETY
As we discussed above, there are many common factors between stress and anxiety. Let’s see what the factors included in the stress that a person would be experiencing:
- Having Nausea
- Feeling alone
- Having constipation or Diarrhea
- Having an increase in heartbeats
- Having anxious thoughts
- Having a feeling of being or getting overwhelmed by people surrounded by them
- Having dizziness
- A general form of unhappiness or staying unhappy
- Breathing heavily or faster
- Having a behavior of getting angry
- Not having a mood
- Getting irritated easily
Let’s see what factors are included in anxiety that a person would be experiencing:
- Having sweated.
- Feeling restless.
- Getting more tensed.
- Having diarrhea or constipation.
- Breathing heavily or faster.
- Having uneasiness or dread.
- Feeling more nervous.
- The heartbeats became faster.
GETTING TO KNOW MORE ABOUT STRESS AND ANXIETY, LET’S SEE WHAT IS IT:
- Anxiety and stress are the same part of the body and are having similar symptoms.
- Which means it is difficult to differentiate between them.
- Stress is in a short period of time and it is responded to in a kind of threat kind of condition.
- Anxiety is a lingering condition and sometimes, it lasts and triggers over time.
Solution For Stress and Anxiety
A person can treat and cure stress and anxiety in so many ways. Let’s see more of it:
- A person can do any kind of physical activity such as gym, yoga, and meditation.
- Physical activities help a person to divert their mind and also help them to stay fit and healthier.
- While doing yoga is a kind of scientific energy which helps to build your inner strength and also helps meditation.
- Strategies for relaxing the body:
- Relaxing strategies can help people for the reduction or cure the problem of stress and anxiety. These are including which are:
- Doing yoga daily.
- Playing indoor or outdoor games.
- Doing gym or some any kind of exercises.
- Doing meditation.
- Going on beaches and etc.
- Going for walking and jogging.
- Having to talk or discussion about it
To discuss or talk with the person who is having anxiety or a stressful situation via message, chat, talking with them on phone, and meeting them.Will make them relieved and stress-free.Let’s see what are the other factors:
- Having proper sleep or being in a proper schedule of sleep.
- Exercising daily-to-daily basis.
- A person who is suffering from anxiety or a stressful situation should think that they cannot control every situation or a person.
- Eating well-balanced meals.
- A person should not consume caffeine or alcohol.
- A person should settle for their best future not aim or compete for everything.
- A person should know what kind of situations or any people are giving them stress.
CAN ANXIETY CONVERT INTO A STRESS ISSUE?
As and now stress can develop into anxiety.Stress leads to threat and anxiety leads to stress.
WHEN A PERSON CAN MEET A DOCTOR AND WITH WHAT KIND OF SYMPTOMS?:
Stress and anxiety are not a condition of any kind of problem whereas, they are real, short-term, and ensure that people should stay safe.
If a person is having any kind of stress or anxiety issues, then, he/she should go to visit the doctor. Either they may be suffering from any kind of chronic illness or etc. reasons.
Some kinds of signs which are included are as follows:
- A person is feeling out of control.
- A person is feeling in a low mood.
- Having suicidal thought means the person wants to attempt suicide.
- Change in sleeping routine.
- Having an excess of anxiety which affects the person’s day-to-day lifestyle.
- Having a change in diet or eating habits.
- Self-harming or doing such things to harm themselves.
- Having a sudden change in their personal hygiene.
- Increase in the use of alcohol and drugs to deal with stress and anxiety problems.
- Having fear.
As we discussed earlier, there are many therapies for stress and anxiety issues. Doctors can help the person to seek the perfect treatment for their problems. Some of them are as follows:
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy(CBT)
This therapy teaches the person for recognizing thoughts and behaviors and changing them into positive perspectives.
This therapy gradually imposes the person on certain kinds of things which leads to anxiety issues.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
This therapy teaches the person how to accept everything and make it up with negative emotions.
Depending on the person’s symptoms, the doctors may prescribe medicines related to anxiety or stress issues.
Some kinds of medicines shall be:
- Selective Serotonin Retake Inhibitors(SSRI), such as sertraline means Zoloft or paroxetine means Paxil.
In some cases, A doctor may recommend benzodiazepines such as Diazepam(Valium) or Lorazepam(Ativan) therefore, these kinds of medicines are approaching for short-term periods of time due to the risk of dependency.