Hamster Pregnancy Calculator
- Hamster Pregnancy Calculator is used to calculate the gestation period time of the hamster.
- The Hamster Pregnancy Calculator is easier to use than the Hamster Gestation Chart. With the chart, you had to count the days until your hamster’s due date.
- It helps to answer the questions: ‘What is a hamster’s due date?’ or ‘How Long Are Hamsters Pregnant For?’ or ‘How Long is a gestation period for Hamsters?’.
- It’s important that you enter the 1st day your hamster was bred for it to work properly
- The Gestation or pregnancy Period for Hamsters is approximately 16-21 days from the first breeding.
Steps To Calculate Hamster Pregnancy Due Date
- Enter the First Date of Hamster Mating
- Check the Hamster's Estimate Delivery Date
- Check Min & Max Delivery Date
Hamster Pregnancy Calculator Formula
The Hamster Pregnancy calculator uses the following formula:
Due date = Date of mating + 16 days
Calculate Hamster Pregnancy
- Hamsters reach sexual maturity at a very early age – around four or five months for small breeds and five to eight months for larger breeds.
- Hamsters reach maturity at a very early age - around four to five months for small breeds and five to eight months for larger breeds.
- The hamster pregnancy calculator will help you to find the estimated
- So if you have a young female living with a male Hamster, there is a good chance that she will become pregnant.
- There are many items a professional vet will notice about proper care for your hamster.
- Did you know female hamsters are sensitive when giving birth?
- They may even eat their own young if they feel they are in danger.
- Female hamsters are sensitive when giving birth, they may even eat their own young if they feel they are in danger.
Gestation Period for Hamsters
- The Gestation Period for Hamsters is approximately 16-21 days from the first breeding.
- Hamsters will not always conceive after one breeding and will generally mate multiple times in one cycle.
- The Hamster Gestation Period Calculator above attempts to estimate the due date without any extra factors using a 18 day gestation period for Hamsters.
- Did you know an interesting fact about hamsters is they are solitary (like to be alone) and like to hoard food!
Hamster Due Date Pregnancy
- Hamsters are only pregnant for a very short length of time - some species of hamster will give birth less than twenty days after mating!
- If your hamster has been in contact with a male over thirty days ago, then it’s unlikely that they’re pregnant - if that mating had been successful, then you’d have lots of baby hamsters by now.
Hamster Pregnancy Signs
Below are the approximate gestation (time from mating to birth) periods for some of the different species of hamster:
- Syrian hamsters: 16 days
- Chinese hamsters: 18-23 days
- Winter White hamsters: 18-21 days
- Roborovski hamsters: 22 - 30 days
- Pregnancies usually last from 16 to 22 days, depending on the type of hamster. (Syrian hamster pregnancies tend to last 16 to 17 days.)
- You may notice a slight increase in girth or a larger abdomen in a pregnant female a few days before she gives birth.
- As pregnant hamsters approach the time to deliver the litter, they may become restless and active and may have vaginal bleeding.
- When they are ready to give birth, provide them with nesting material.
- This helps them feel secure and lowers the chance that new mothers will abandon or eat their offspring.
- Mothers and litters should not be disturbed for at least 7 days after the offspring are born, especially if the mother has never given birth before.
- Fostering abandoned offspring onto a different mother is rarely successful.
- Limit your activity around the cage to providing food and water as needed.
Hamster Pregnancy Care
- During a hamster’s gestation period, it’s important that they are looked after, in order to make sure that they stay healthy and that the babies are born safely.
You may not know that your hamster is pregnant right at the start of the gestation period, but there are some important things you need to do as soon as you find out:
- Make sure your hamster has a diet that is high in protein.
- Provide lots of fresh, clean nesting material.
- Stop handling your hamster any more than absolutely necessary.
- Keep your hamster’s living area quiet and undisturbed.
- Make sure you clean your hamster’s cage two or three days before you expect the babies to be born.
As the day of the birth approaches your hamster will make sure that they have a snug and secure nest ready.
- Sometimes they will even build a separate nest just for the birth.
- You don’t need to worry about your hamster.
- She knows what she’s doing when it comes to becoming a mum.
- All you need to do is just provide the right food and nesting materials.
Hamster Pregnancy Birth Period
- Eventually the moment will come when the baby hamsters are ready to make their entrance into the world.
- Your hamster will quite happily give birth on her own, so you don’t need to intervene.
- Although Syrian male hamsters are never kept with the female during the hamster gestation period and are only put with the female during the mating period, dwarf male hamsters do still sometimes remain with the female.
- If this is the case you should separate the male and female as soon as the female has given birth.
- The number of babies you can expect to welcome into your home depends on the breed of your hamster, and also on the individual hamster.
- Syrian hamsters usually have between six and ten babies, whereas dwarf hamsters normally have five or six.
- It has been known for hamsters to give birth to more than sixteen babies though; so be prepared!
- Baby hamsters are born blind and bald, and their mother keeps them protected in her nest. You should never touch the babies, or disturb the nest.
- After four weeks, baby Syrian hamsters become mature and should each be housed in a separate cage.
- At that age, female dwarf hamsters can stay with mum, while their brothers should be housed in a separate cage.
Overall Hamster Pregnancy Due Date Calculator will give you the pregnancy date of your Hamster. Check More Pet And Animal Related Calculators on Drlogy Calculator to get the exact solution for your questions.
- Breeding and Reproduction of Hamsters - All Other Pets .
- Taking Care of your Pregnant Hamster .