There are many reasons why someone may want to consult a dermatologist. Some common reasons include:
- Changes in the skin, such as new moles, growths, or discolorations
- Persistent skin conditions that do not respond to over-the-counter treatments, such as eczema, psoriasis, or acne
- Suspected or confirmed skin cancer
- Hair or nail conditions, such as hair loss, fungal infections, or brittle nails
- Pre-existing skin conditions that require ongoing management, such as vitiligo or lupus
- Cosmetics, such as fillers, Botox, and laser treatment
It is important to see a dermatologist if you have any concerns about your skin, hair, or nails. They will be able to examine you, diagnose any issues, and recommend the best course of treatment for you.