Gastric acid is formed in the stomach by hydrochloric acid (HCI), Potassium Chloride (KCI) and Sodium Chloride (NAC) which causes acidity.
Here are some tips to reduce Acidity:
1. Choose an alkaline diet - If you remember from your chemistry class in school, the pH Scale provides a measure of 0 most acidic and +14 most alkaline.Our body’s optimum is pH 7. 36 which is tilted towards being alkaline, an alkaline diet is one which helps you maintain a perfect Ph balance and does not create unnecessary acids. It is a fact that we usually like a lot of acidic food but this only harms our optimum body function.
2. Eat Greens - Eat a lot of green vegetables, fruits, roots, nuts. These are alkaline and keep you away from acidic gases. Make vegetables the focus of your meals, not meats.
3. Reduce the intake of Acidic food - Reduce your intake of acidic food like eggs, refined sugar, meat, white flour, and dairy.Limit Alcohol Consumption- Alcohol has high sugar content and is highly acidic. In large quantities, it can be fatal. It is perfectly ‘ok’ if you like a glass of beer or wine every now and then. Just be conscious of how much you drink.
4. Drink Alkaline Water - Drink a lot of alkaline water at least 8 to 10 glasses a day. Average tap water has an alkaline content of about 6.5 to 7 Ph but alkaline water has about 9 Ph. This will keep your body most hydrated and make sure you do not generate unnecessary gas or acid.
5. Exercise - Break into a sweat regularly. This will also help losing weight while keeping acidity in check.Seek Balance – Stress is a major cause of acid as well, so look at mind-altering exercises like Meditation, Yoga, deep breathing and long walks.