National Donut Day
- National Donut Day is a holiday celebrated in the United States on the first Friday of June. It is a day to celebrate the history of donuts and to enjoy these delicious treats.
- Which commemorates the creation of the donut and honors the Salvation Army volunteers who provided them to soldiers during World War I.
National Donut Day 2023
National Donut Day is a day to celebrate the history and deliciousness of donuts. There are many different ways to celebrate, such as eating donuts, participating in donut-eating contests, or donating to charities that support the Salvation Army or other organizations that help children.
||National Donut Day
||Friday, June 2, 2023
||"Celebrating the history and joy of donuts"
||To honor The Salvation Army "Lassies"
||United States, Canada, and other countries
National Donut Day History
- National Donut Day was first celebrated in 1938 by The Salvation Army in Chicago to honor their volunteers who served donuts to soldiers during World War I.
- The day is now celebrated annually on the first Friday in June.
- It is a day to enjoy and appreciate the delicious treat while also recognizing the hard work and dedication of The Salvation Army and its volunteers who have supported the armed forces.
- Many donut shops and bakeries offer free donuts or special deals on National Donut Day.
- The day is also a great opportunity to make homemade donuts with family and friends or to host a donut-themed party.
How To Observe National Donut Day
Here are some ways to observe National Donut Day:
- Enjoy a donut: Visit your favorite donut shop and treat yourself to a delicious donut.
- Try a new flavor: Use the occasion to step outside your comfort zone and try a new flavor of donut that you haven't had before.
- Make your own donuts: Get creative in the kitchen and make your own donuts from scratch. There are plenty of recipes available online.
- Share with others: Buy a dozen donuts and share them with your family, friends, or coworkers to spread the joy of National Donut Day.
- Learn about the history: Take some time to learn about the history of National Donut Day and how it came to be celebrated.
- Participate in social media challenges: Many donut shops and brands may run social media challenges or contests to celebrate the day, so be sure to participate if you're interested.
Tradition Of The Day
- National Donut Day is a tradition that originated in the United States in 1938.
- The day was established by The Salvation Army to honor the "Lassies," who served donuts to soldiers during World War I.
- The tradition involves celebrating the delicious treat of donuts and recognizing the contributions of The Salvation Army and their volunteers.
- Many donut shops and bakeries offer special deals and promotions on National Donut Day to celebrate the occasion.
- Some people also choose to make their own homemade donuts or share donuts with friends and family as part of the celebration.
Best Ideas To Celebrate Donut Day
Here are 6 best ideas to celebrate donut day:
- Visit your local donut shop and get a free or discounted donut.
- Make your own donuts at home. There are many different recipes available online.
- Host a donut party with friends and family.
- Donate to a charity that supports the Salvation Army or other organizations that help children.
- Participate in a donut-eating contest.
- Simply enjoy a delicious donut!
Different Types of Donuts
There are many different types of donuts. Some of the most popular types of donuts include:
- Glazed donuts: Glazed donuts are donuts that are covered in a sweet glaze.
- Jelly-filled donuts: Jelly-filled donuts are donuts that are filled with jelly or jam.
- Chocolate donuts: Chocolate donuts are donuts that are covered in chocolate frosting.
- Sprinkled donuts: Sprinkled donuts are donuts that are covered in sprinkles.
- Custard donuts: Custard donuts are donuts that are filled with custard.
- Boston cream donuts: Boston cream donuts are donuts that are filled with custard and topped with chocolate frosting.
Fun Facts About Donut
Here are some interesting fun facts about donuts:
- The word "donut" was originally spelled "doughnut," but the shorter version became more popular over time.
- The first donut machine was invented in 1920 by Adolph Levitt, a Russian immigrant living in New York City.
- The most expensive donut in the world was made by Krispy Kreme in the UK and cost £1,000 (approximately $1,400 USD) in 2014. It was covered in 24-karat gold leaf and edible diamonds.
- The largest donut ever made was an American-style jelly donut that weighed over 1.7 tons and had a diameter of 16 feet. It was created in Utica, New York, in 1998.
- Donuts have been to space! In 1984, a shipment of donuts was sent up to the space shuttle Challenger for the crew to enjoy.
- In some countries, such as India and Pakistan, a type of savory donut called a vada is popular. It is made from lentils and spices and is often served with chutney.
- The top donut flavors in the United States are glazed, chocolate, and jelly-filled.
- National Donut Day is not just celebrated in the United States. It is also observed in Canada, Australia, and other countries around the world.
Overall, National Donut Day is a fun and delicious holiday that celebrates the history and deliciousness of donuts. There are many different ways to celebrate, so find a way that you enjoy and have a sweet day!
Visit Drlogy Day For More Information related to important days, national days and international days like this.
- National Donut Day By wikipedia .
- National Doughnut Day .