What is the skin?
The skin is the body’s largest organ, made of water, protein, fat, and minerals. Your skin protects your body from germs and regulates body temperature. Nerves in the skin help you feel sensations like hot and cold, hard and soft.
There are total 7 layers of skin these layers are
- Stratum corneum
- Stratum lucidum
- Stratum granulosum
- Stratum spinosum
- Stratum Basale
- Papillary layer
- Reticular layer
The most common types of skin issues faced by the youth are below.
- Acne is the most common teenage skin care problem that teenagers face.
- It will be overactive due to hormonal in fluctuation when oil build-up in excess skin cells sticks to your pores, attacking bacteria and causing inflammation.
- Unfortunately, this means you might have acne-prone skin.
- You can get acne on your face, neck chest, and shoulders as these are areas with oil glands to treat acne always talk to a dermatologist.
- Self-medication and trying home remedies without proper knowledge work on your skin acne leaving permanent scars behind.
- Oily skin isn’t always hereditary. A hormonal imbalance can cause temporary oiliness in your skin Inviting troubles.
- Teenagers sweat more than adults due to their highly active lifestyle
- Clothing were fabrics that allow your skin to breathe and absorb your sweat and avoid spicy food that triggers sweating.
- Eczema is a common teenage skin care concern when your skin gets dry and itchy.
- To avoid this you can apply fragrance-free moisturizer to your skin to control dryness.
Dermatologists recommended teenage skin care tips
Keep your skin clean Wash your face in the morning and night
- Use a gentle cleanser that suits your skin type instead of a soap bar
- Harshad bars or other chemical products can irritate the pores on your face and triggers acne.
- Scrub your skin gently this will prevent unnecessary drying and skin irritation.
Moisturize your skin well
- Moisturise to keep your skin and soft hydrated skin has a low chance of developing premature fine lines and wrinkles.
- You can use a gel base non-comedogenic moisturizer if you’re a pro to acne.
- Moisturize your skin with products that lock in moisture promote healing and have antioxidant properties to encourage a glowing youthful look.
- Apply moisturizer to your skin when it’s still wet from the shower this will lock in extra moisture and make your face feel smooth.
- Don't forget to moisturize your lips as well
- You can also deep clean your pores and make homemade scrubs by simply mixing sugar and honey. For sensitive skin try oatmeal mixed with honey and milk as a scrubbing agent
- Use a gentle cleanser to get rid of excess oil from your skin.
- Wear sunscreen protective clothes when you plan to spend your day outdoors. Wear sunscreen daily wearing sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or above can prevent skin cancer.
- Keeping your skin shielded from harmful UV rays can also guard again photoaging.
- Which is the process of skin aging make sure that you apply sunscreen every day even on the days when it’s raining or the sky is overcast.
- Stop touching your face without reason.
- Stop touching your face with your bare hands every time you touch your face, you are transferring dirt and bacteria that can lead to acne next time avoid popping pimples as well they can leave permanent scars behind
- Maintain makeup hygiene.
- Avoid sharing your face products with others as bacteria and dad can get transferred to these products from one person to another.
- Remove your makeup before bed leaving your makeup on overnight will clog your pores and lead to breakouts and acne.
- Switch to lukewarm water and avoid hot water shower options choose lukewarm water it helps lose in the dirt with prevents your skin's natural oils.
- Sleep at least 8 hours which is necessary for healthy skin.
- Not getting enough sleep leads to stress and dark circles and makes your skin dull.
- Your skin sleep hours to heal itself from days of damage.
- A balanced diet is key to maintaining your skin.
- Avoid oily and processed and sugary food as they trigger to acne or oily skin. Dairy products can also cause me to switch to almond milk or oat milk.
- Eating to nourish your skin eating a diet that’s rich in fruits and vegetables will boost the vitamins and antioxidants in your body.
- According to the micro clinic eating healthy fats like fish oils and staying away from processed food with lots of preservatives may have a direct connection to healthier-looking skin.
- Follow a night skincare routine and never miss a chance for cleansing your face at night.
- Remove your makeup and apply hydrating moisturizer and lip balm without fail you can also use a face mask as well.
- Use aloe Vera to keep your skin strong and healthy. aloe vera has healing properties and may stimulate new cell growth.
- Using aloe Vera face wash may give your skin that healthy glow.
- It is possible to be allergic to aloe Vera. Test it by rubbing a small amount on your forearm if there is no reaction in 24 hours it should be safe to use.
- The most very important thing avoid smoking and second-hand smoke.
- When you expose your skin to cigarette smoke you are quoting your face with all sorts of chemicals toxic.
- This ups the oxidative stress in your skin cells leading to prematurely aids skin this may also cause acne as well.
- Drink more and more water your skin is made up of cells that need water to function well drinking and having healthy skin.
- Probiotic supplements boost your immune system improve your digestion Reduce bolting and inflammation in your digestive track nutritional supplements are like a bridge to cover a gap that all food and meals can provide us dermatologist recommended supplements for acne and adding vitamin sing to your skincare routine cannot only brighten your complexion but also protect against skin damage caused by sun exposure and harmful free radicals.
Here are 5 skincare essentials that can help you in maintaining healthy skin.
- When it comes to following a skincare routine most people follow cleansing toning and moisturizing.
- The first type of the following skincare routine is cleansing and also everyone should have a cleanser in their skincare kit.
- A cleanser removes dirt and impurities and bacteria from your skin.
- It is also used to remove makeup from your skin.
- The next step that comes after cleansing is toning toner is one of the skincare essentials that is part of comprehensive skin care.
- Toner helps in removing any oil or makeup prepare use cleanser cream to absorb neck skin care products you are going to apply.
- Apart from that toner maintains the skin’s pH balance to keep the skin healthy.
- Go for a toner that is healthy for the skin.
- Many people with oily skin skip moisturizers, thinking that that will make their skin oilier.
- But everyone needs some moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated and maintain skin younger looking.
- It also works as a barrier again external irritants.
- So, choose the right moisturizer as per your skin tone and keep your skin hydrated and nourished.
- The serum is another one of the most important skincare essentials that provide boosts to your moisturizer.
- Use serum at night to get most of its benefits.
- It deals with skin concerns like pigmentation, enlarged pores, and fine lines.
- The serum has multipurpose and is used for brightening and repairing anti-aging hydrating.
- One of those must-have skincare essentials is an Eye cream.
- The skin around the eye is much thinner and it is more prone to signs of aging that you need to take extra care off.
- Invest in a good eye cream to keep the skin around your eyes moist and hydrated.
Why Skincare is Important?
- It is necessary to exfoliant your skin that removes dead skin cells and keeps your skin healthy.
- our skin ages fast as we age and the natural cell renewal process is low down, which makes skin look dry dehydrated, and all.
- Exfoliant helps shared the older cells and improves skin tone.
- Taking care of the skin can also prevent wrinkles.
- Healthy skin retains the glow throughout life while unhealthy skin will lose its glow very early.
- Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle with consistent home care treatments
- Skincare will make sure that your skin is optimal at its best quality for long years.
- Good skin care is important it helps your skin stay in good condition.
- You are shedding skin cells throughout the day so it is important to keep your skin glowing and in good condition.
- You can have an effective routine that can help prevent acne treat wrinkles and help your skin look at its best quality for long years.