Isotretinoin is one of the best treatments for acne skin.
- Isotretinoin (Amnesteem, Claravis, and others) is a derivative of vitamin A.
- It may be prescribed for people whose moderate or severe acne hasn't responded to other treatments.
- Potential side effects of oral isotretinoin include inflammatory bowel disease, depression, and severe birth defects.
- All people receiving isotretinoin must participate in an FDA-approved risk management program.
- And they'll need to see their doctors regularly to monitor for side effects.