General surgery have multiple types of surgery and wide range of procedures, including:
- Gastrointestinal Surgery: This includes surgery on the stomach, intestines, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas, such as appendectomy, hernia repair, gastrectomy, and colectomy.
- Endocrine Surgery: This includes surgery on the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands, such as the removal of benign or malignant tumors.
- Breast Surgery: This includes surgery to diagnose and treat breast cancer, such as biopsy, lumpectomy, and mastectomy.
- Trauma surgery: This includes emergency surgery to treat injuries caused by accidents, such as broken bones, penetrating injuries, and blunt force trauma.
- Bariatric Surgery: This includes weight loss procedures such as Gastric Bypass or Sleeve Gastrectomy.
- Soft Tissue Surgery: This includes surgery on the skin, muscles, and tendons, such as the removal of skin cancer or repair of hernias.
- Vascular Surgery: This includes surgery on blood vessels such as the repair of aneurysms.
- Transplant Surgery: This includes organ transplantation, such as a kidney or liver transplant.
It's important to note that while general surgeon is trained to perform a wide range of procedures, they may have a subspecialty focus within general surgery, such as oncology, trauma, or bariatric surgery.