There are several types of heart surgery, including:
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG) - is a procedure that uses a healthy blood vessel from the patient's own body to bypass a blocked or narrowed coronary artery and improve blood flow to the heart muscle.
- Valve replacement surgery - a procedure that replaces a diseased or damaged heart valve with a mechanical or biological valve.
- Heart Transplant - a procedure that replaces a damaged or diseased heart with a healthy one from a donor.
- Atrial septal defect (ASD) and ventricular septal defect (VSD) repair - a procedure that closes a hole in the wall between the two upper or lower chambers of the heart.
- Minimally invasive heart surgery - a procedure that uses small incisions and specialized instruments to perform heart surgery.
- Heart assist device implantation - a procedure that implants a device to help the heart pump blood.
- Aortic aneurysm repair - a procedure that repairs or replaces a section of the aorta, which is the main blood vessel that carries blood away from the heart.
There are also other types of heart surgery according to your health condition. Please take advice from a specialist before doing any kind of heart surgery.